Virus that prevents opening files and folders - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Virus that prevents opening files and folders - Windows NT ; Hi, I've managed to get a virus which prevents opening files and folders by launching Internet Explorer. I've tried running Norton Antivirus and Adware but neither seem to have helped. Is there anyone else whose come across this and has ...

  1. Virus that prevents opening files and folders

    Hi, I've managed to get a virus which prevents opening files and
    folders by launching Internet Explorer. I've tried running Norton
    Antivirus and Adware but neither seem to have helped.
    Is there anyone else whose come across this and has found a solution
    yet?

    Thanks,

    Nick

  2. Re: Virus that prevents opening files and folders

    "Nicholas Potts" wrote in message
    news:e16017de.0404121321.3f808d4a@posting.google.c om...
    | Hi, I've managed to get a virus which prevents opening files and
    | folders by launching Internet Explorer. I've tried running Norton
    | Antivirus and Adware but neither seem to have helped.
    | Is there anyone else whose come across this and has found a solution
    | yet?
    |
    | Thanks,
    |
    | Nick

    OK. Some reg settings probably been altered. Did you get the name of the
    thing or was it not detected ??

+ Reply to Thread