IE5 Home Page setup - Windows NT

This is a discussion on IE5 Home Page setup - Windows NT ; After I visited a site, the home page was automatically set to that site and I can not change it by Tools/Internet Options. Anybody knows how to fix that? Thanks, - Sherman...

  1. IE5 Home Page setup

    After I visited a site, the home page was automatically set to that site and
    I can not change it by Tools/Internet Options. Anybody knows how to fix that?
    Thanks,

    - Sherman

  2. Re: IE5 Home Page setup

    sherman_1998@hotmail.com (Sherman) writes:

    > After I visited a site, the home page was automatically set to that
    > site and I can not change it by Tools/Internet Options. Anybody
    > knows how to fix that? Thanks,

    It sounds like you've got a spyware infection. LavaSoft's Ad Aware
    should help. lavasoft.com

    Once yer clean, upgrade to IE6, or better still, Mozilla firebird at
    mozilla.org

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  3. Re: IE5 Home Page setup

    > After I visited a site, the home page was automatically set to that site and
    > I can not change it by Tools/Internet Options. Anybody knows how to fix that?

    Depending on the type of spyware that`s kludged itself to your system,
    Lavasoft Adaware or Spybot Search & Destroy may not be able to clear it.

    I have setup tips for Spybot and some links to other programs that might
    help you get rid of the problem here though:

    www.phoenixbbs.co.uk

    Be warned, my html skills are non-existant :-p