Sat 6-Dec-2003: At the early stages of a FAQ material accumulates
fairly rapidly. I have made an update

27680 Dec 6 2003 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tscmd.zip
tscmd.zip Useful NT/2000/XP script tricks and tips, T.Salmi, linked

Also available with a version number as
ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/ts/tscmd11.zip

Added the following new items:
21} Do you have pointers to additional script material and tips?
22} How do I capture the current directory name into a variable?
23} How do I get the n:th and the last line of a text file?
24} How do I get the m:th item on the n:th line of a text file?
25} How can I quote with e.g. "> " an entire message?
26} How do I get the length of a string into a variable?
27} How can I remove all the blank lines from a text file?
28} How to convert a file written in IBM PC characters into LATIN1?
29} How do I drop the first two characters of a string, and so on?
30} Can one calculate the difference between two times in a script?

Renamed the first item to be "General information of this script
tricks file package" and right-justified the item's text.

Changed the name of the companion WHERE.CMD "Find a file anywhere
on a drive" to WHEREIS.CMD. Added the option to sort the results by
the file datetime stamp. Therefore also changed the output order of
the files found datetime stamp to YYYY.MM.DD HH:MM. Added the file
attribute field. Added documentation comments to the source.

Added TSCMDIDX.TXT "The questions index separately".

Added M_TSCMD.CMD "A makefile to build this package" to
demonstrate among other things making a ZIP file with file comments
included.

All the best, Timo

Department of Accounting and Business Finance ; University of Vaasa
mailto:ts@uwasa.fi ; FIN-65101, Finland
Timo's FAQ materials at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html