Windows Media Player cannot play video but XP can - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Windows Media Player cannot play video but XP can - Windows NT ; Hi, I have two machines, two desktops. One desktop has Windows NT 4 SP6 installed, and the other has Windows XP Pro installed. I have an MPEG1 video which is of non-standard resolution (1024x768). This video is playable in the ...

  1. Windows Media Player cannot play video but XP can

    Hi,

    I have two machines, two desktops. One desktop has Windows NT 4 SP6
    installed, and the other has Windows XP Pro installed. I have an MPEG1
    video which is of non-standard resolution (1024x768). This video is
    playable in the Windows Media Player of Windows XP but it is not
    playable in Windows NT with error:

    "ActiveMovie cannot play this video stream because it falls outside
    the constrained standard. (Error=8004025E)"

    Does anyone have an idea what is going on?

    Thank you in advance,
    Paul.

  2. Re: Windows Media Player cannot play video but XP can

    Try playing it with WinNT media player ver. 6

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

  3. Re: Windows Media Player cannot play video but XP can

    That might work provided the OP is not already using Media Player 6.4.
    Since there is no further Media Player upgrade beyond 6.4 for NT, then
    a shareware or freeware MPEG player might be in order.

    Mike Walsh wrote:

    > Try playing it with WinNT media player ver. 6
    >
    > Paul wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have two machines, two desktops. One desktop has Windows NT 4 SP6
    > > installed, and the other has Windows XP Pro installed. I have an MPEG1
    > > video which is of non-standard resolution (1024x768). This video is
    > > playable in the Windows Media Player of Windows XP but it is not
    > > playable in Windows NT with error:
    > >
    > > "ActiveMovie cannot play this video stream because it falls outside
    > > the constrained standard. (Error=8004025E)"
    > >
    > > Does anyone have an idea what is going on?
    > >
    > > Thank you in advance,
    > > Paul.

    > --
    > Mike Walsh