NT4 network install? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on NT4 network install? - Windows NT ; Hi, is it possible to install NT4 over a network? I have a networked computer that has no CDROM, and I can't spare one to put in it, so I'd like to do a remote installation. How would I go ...

  1. NT4 network install?

    Hi, is it possible to install NT4 over a network? I have a networked
    computer that has no CDROM, and I can't spare one to put in it, so I'd like
    to do a remote installation. How would I go about this?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Colin

    --

  2. Re: NT4 network install?

    You can make a network boot disk, either from a WinNT
    Server (Admin Tools /Network Client Administrator) or by
    downloading one from http://www.nu2.nu/bootdisk/network/.
    This lets you connect to some other machine that has a
    CD Drive. You then run x:\i386\winnt to start your setup.

    "colin." wrote in message
    > Hi, is it possible to install NT4 over a network? I have a networked
    > computer that has no CDROM, and I can't spare one to put in it, so I'd

    like
    > to do a remote installation. How would I go about this?
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Colin
    >
    > --

+ Reply to Thread