NT4 Sp6 & maybe a OT hardware question - Windows NT

This is a discussion on NT4 Sp6 & maybe a OT hardware question - Windows NT ; We have a turn-key video editing suite running on NT4 sp6 that's been overheating lately so we decided to switch all the hardware over to a new case. The actual capture card that drives the whole system was in the ...

  1. NT4 Sp6 & maybe a OT hardware question

    We have a turn-key video editing suite running on NT4 sp6 that's been
    overheating lately so we decided to switch all the hardware over to a
    new case. The actual capture card that drives the whole system was in
    the first PCI slot, it's graphic overlay card in the second, and a MPeg2
    capture card in the third. But due to the design of the new case the
    main capture card will only fit in the third or fourth PCI slot. SO now
    for my questions...

    Is NT going to freak out because I switched the main capture card to
    another PCI slot?

    And if so is there a way to simply reassign the card to the new slot (I
    thought that this was automatically done, but I'm not that familiar with
    the NT environment)

    Would I be better off switching it to the 4th PCI slot since it was
    previously unused?

    Any other tips or suggestions?

  2. Re: NT4 Sp6 & maybe a OT hardware question

    "Matt" wrote in message
    > We have a turn-key video editing suite running on NT4 sp6 that's been
    > overheating lately so we decided to switch all the hardware over to a
    > new case. The actual capture card that drives the whole system was in
    > the first PCI slot, it's graphic overlay card in the second, and a MPeg2
    > capture card in the third. But due to the design of the new case the
    > main capture card will only fit in the third or fourth PCI slot. SO now
    > for my questions...
    >
    > Is NT going to freak out because I switched the main capture card to
    > another PCI slot?
    >
    > And if so is there a way to simply reassign the card to the new slot (I
    > thought that this was automatically done, but I'm not that familiar with
    > the NT environment)
    >
    > Would I be better off switching it to the 4th PCI slot since it was
    > previously unused?
    >
    > Any other tips or suggestions?

    although i guess anything is possible
    it;s not likely to casue a problem... you *might* have to reinstall the
    drivers though

+ Reply to Thread