NT domain not found when I logon - Windows NT

This is a discussion on NT domain not found when I logon - Windows NT ; Someone in my office tried to change the network name of their computer and now they cannot log into it. They went into the network neighborhood properties, like you do in Win 95/98 and changed it. When they tried to ...

  1. NT domain not found when I logon

    Someone in my office tried to change the network name of their
    computer and now they cannot log into it. They went into the network
    neighborhood properties, like you do in Win 95/98 and changed it. When
    they tried to login llike they normally would it said that the domain
    could not be found. They are running NT Workstation 4.0. Since I am
    just a student worker at a university I was hoping I could fix this
    for them without having needing to work from the server or anything.
    when you get to logon screen it allows you to choose a domain of the
    office network or the new computer name. He used to logon to the
    office network name but now that does not work. I started it up and
    got it set to the last good known configuration, so now it has the old
    computer name and the office network name at the login but it still
    will not find the domain with either.
    Any thoughts?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: NT domain not found when I logon

    Ask the network administrator to re-register your machine
    on the domain.

    "Igor" wrote in message
    news:cde5d39c.0311120747.7976862@posting.google.co m...
    > Someone in my office tried to change the network name of their
    > computer and now they cannot log into it. They went into the network
    > neighborhood properties, like you do in Win 95/98 and changed it. When
    > they tried to login llike they normally would it said that the domain
    > could not be found. They are running NT Workstation 4.0. Since I am
    > just a student worker at a university I was hoping I could fix this
    > for them without having needing to work from the server or anything.
    > when you get to logon screen it allows you to choose a domain of the
    > office network or the new computer name. He used to logon to the
    > office network name but now that does not work. I started it up and
    > got it set to the last good known configuration, so now it has the old
    > computer name and the office network name at the login but it still
    > will not find the domain with either.
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread