svchost.exe - Windows NT

This is a discussion on svchost.exe - Windows NT ; Hi all, have a problem with this process. When I connect by dial-up modem to the net this process finishes after some time showing a message: "svchost.exe has generated an error This proces has ended and will be closed by ...

  1. svchost.exe

    Hi all,
    have a problem with this process. When I connect by dial-up modem to the net
    this process finishes after some time showing a message:
    "svchost.exe has generated an error This proces has ended and will be closed
    by windows. You need to restart the program."
    So, when the proces is terminated or I terminate it by pressing OK I cannot
    use tray icon with like two monitors. I cannot disconect myself from the net
    using that icon. I cannot use drag and drop or cut and paste on my computer
    after that proces has ended.
    I have looked with prgm Process explorer v8.01
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr.../procexp.shtml
    and have seen that this svchost.exe has three active proceses when computer
    start but this proces that ends is used for (Network connections, RACM,
    Telephony, COM+EventSystem...)
    Does anyone has an idea why is this happening? I have tried to reinstal my
    Win2kSP3 infact repair instalation and after that everything is same
    problem. Have tried to reninstall IE 6.0 also.
    If anyone has some pathways to help much appreciated.
    DD

  2. Re: svchost.exe

    http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1
    Svchost.exe - You cannot end this process from Task Manager.
    This is a generic process, which acts as a host for other processes running from
    DLLs; therefore, don't be surprised to see more than one entry for this process.
    To see what processes are using Svchost.exe, use Tlist.exe from the Windows 2000
    CD-ROM; the syntax is tlist -s at the command prompt.

    Most other MS references all have the same answer: 'To resolve this problem,
    obtain the latest service pack for Windows 2000'

    "Darko" wrote in message
    | Hi all,
    | have a problem with this process. When I connect by dial-up modem to the net
    | this process finishes after some time showing a message:
    | "svchost.exe has generated an error This proces has ended and will be closed
    | by windows. You need to restart the program."
    | So, when the proces is terminated or I terminate it by pressing OK I cannot
    | use tray icon with like two monitors. I cannot disconect myself from the net
    | using that icon. I cannot use drag and drop or cut and paste on my computer
    | after that proces has ended.
    | I have looked with prgm Process explorer v8.01
    | http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr.../procexp.shtml
    | and have seen that this svchost.exe has three active proceses when computer
    | start but this proces that ends is used for (Network connections, RACM,
    | Telephony, COM+EventSystem...)
    | Does anyone has an idea why is this happening? I have tried to reinstal my
    | Win2kSP3 infact repair instalation and after that everything is same
    | problem. Have tried to reninstall IE 6.0 also.
    | If anyone has some pathways to help much appreciated.
    | DD

+ Reply to Thread