Drive letter. - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Drive letter. - Windows NT ; Hello, I have Windows 2000 on primery partition on second disk. I do not know how but it was E: partition and unfortunattely it was changed Now, it is D: partition. How could I start my Windows? The only I ...

  1. Drive letter.

    Hello,

    I have Windows 2000 on primery partition on second disk.
    I do not know how but it was E: partition and
    unfortunattely it was changed
    Now, it is D: partition.

    How could I start my Windows?

    The only I could do is to type login and password
    and it still asks me for the same

    I've already tryed to make two primery partitions on first disk
    but it did not help.

    What to do?
    Please help.

    regards,
    Lukas

  2. Re: Drive letter.

    You might try accessing the bios. I believe you can change/assign boot
    devices there.
    On my machine you get into the Bios by holding down the delete key during
    boot.

    "£ukasz Pawe³czyk" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have Windows 2000 on primery partition on second disk.
    > I do not know how but it was E: partition and
    > unfortunattely it was changed
    > Now, it is D: partition.
    >
    > How could I start my Windows?
    >
    > The only I could do is to type login and password
    > and it still asks me for the same
    >
    > I've already tryed to make two primery partitions on first disk
    > but it did not help.
    >
    > What to do?
    > Please help.
    >
    > regards,
    > Lukas

  3. Re: Drive letter.

    "£ukasz Pawe³czyk" wrote in message news:3FA6627C.39699D32@lucent.com...
    > I've already tryed to make two primery partitions on first disk
    > but it did not help.

    Just a guess, did you format the partitions aswell?

    --
    Ritchie, undo for mail

  4. Re: Drive letter.

    "Ritchie" wrote in message
    > "£ukasz Pawe³czyk" wrote in message

    > > I've already tryed to make two primery partitions on first disk
    > > but it did not help.

    > Just a guess, did you format the partitions aswell?

    Some changes require changes to the boot.ini file, which may be on a
    different disk. Even if the drive letters stay the same, the partition
    numbering in boot.ini can change. It might be that you are booting a
    different disk than you expect, for example.

    -- glen

  5. Re: Drive letter.

    On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:13:16 +0100, ?ukasz Pawe?czyk
    wrote:

    |> I have Windows 2000 on primery partition on second disk.
    |> I do not know how but it was E: partition and
    |> unfortunattely it was changed
    |> Now, it is D: partition.

    Your second drive is active, best thing you can do is what Glenn mentioned and
    edit your Boot.ini it will work just fine.
    partition(3) to partition(2)

    ---
    .-.
    {\('v')/}
    ^^" "^^
    Ignorance is lack of knowledge, stupidity is ignorance with pride.

+ Reply to Thread