"run as" in Win NT? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on "run as" in Win NT? - Windows NT ; Can someone please tell me if there is a way to do "run as" in Win NT? Thanks -- Marc Marc of the Hammer Marc@Marc3rd.com WWW.Marc3rd.com "It's not about the light you reflect. It's about the light you radiate!" MVDIII...

  1. "run as" in Win NT?

    --
    Marc
    Marc of the Hammer
    Marc@Marc3rd.com
    WWW.Marc3rd.com

    "It's not about the light you reflect. It's about the light you radiate!"
    MVDIII

  2. Re: "run as" in Win NT?

    You'll have to use "su.exe" in WinNT.

    "Marc" wrote in message
    > Can someone please tell me if there is a way to do "run as" in Win NT?
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > Marc
    > Marc of the Hammer
    > Marc@Marc3rd.com
    > WWW.Marc3rd.com
    >
    > "It's not about the light you reflect. It's about the light you radiate!"
    > MVDIII

  3. Re: "run as" in Win NT?

    In comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security Marc wrote:
    > Can someone please tell me if there is a way to do "run as" in Win NT?

    There should be SU.EXE in Resource Kit. Nice trick, which works on
    any Windoze: use the schedule-service with the AT command:

    AT 23:42 /I cmd

    Then you have a SYSTEM-shell, which is more powerful than Administrator's.

    VB.
    --
    X-Pie Software GmbH
    Postfach 1540, 88334 Bad Waldsee