settings; BIOS - Windows NT

This is a discussion on settings; BIOS - Windows NT ; Hi all, I want to change the settings that control automatic turning of the disk and monitor etc after x hours idle. I have set these years ago but can't find back how to change back. I have looked in ...

  1. settings; BIOS

    Hi all,
    I want to change the settings that control automatic turning of the disk
    and monitor etc after x hours idle. I have set these years ago but can't
    find back how to change back. I have looked in >settings >configuration>
    display and elsewhere, but niente.
    'Do it via BIOS' is what they tell me, but:
    How do I access the BIOS of NT 4.0?

    Thanks in advance
    simon

    --
    I love fools' experiments. I am always making them.
    Charles Darwin

  2. Re: settings; BIOS

    You cannot access the BIOS via Windows. Check your
    PC manual - it probably tells you to press the Del key
    during the boot stage to enter the BIOS. In many systems
    in even says so on the screen at boot time, but nobody
    ever reads these messages . . .

    "jan kreemer" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I want to change the settings that control automatic turning of the disk
    > and monitor etc after x hours idle. I have set these years ago but can't
    > find back how to change back. I have looked in >settings >configuration>
    > display and elsewhere, but niente.
    > 'Do it via BIOS' is what they tell me, but:
    > How do I access the BIOS of NT 4.0?
    >

    > Thanks in advance
    > simon
    >
    > --
    > I love fools' experiments. I am always making them.
    > Charles Darwin

  3. Re: settings; BIOS

    On my machine you get into the Bios by holding down the delete key during
    boot.
    Be careful!

    "jan kreemer" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I want to change the settings that control automatic turning of the disk
    > and monitor etc after x hours idle. I have set these years ago but can't
    > find back how to change back. I have looked in >settings >configuration>
    > display and elsewhere, but niente.
    > 'Do it via BIOS' is what they tell me, but:
    > How do I access the BIOS of NT 4.0?
    >

    > Thanks in advance
    > simon
    >
    > --
    > I love fools' experiments. I am always making them.
    > Charles Darwin

+ Reply to Thread