NT4 and USB? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on NT4 and USB? - Windows NT ; Greetings, and aplogies if this has already been covered. With the expansion of USB-only devices on the market, I would like to be able to keep my NT4 Workstation but use some of these devices. Are there any USB cards/drivers ...

  1. NT4 and USB?

    Greetings, and aplogies if this has already been covered.
    With the expansion of USB-only devices on the market, I would like to
    be able to keep my NT4 Workstation but use some of these devices. Are
    there any USB cards/drivers out there that will work without requiring
    a total restructure of the registry?

    Thank you,
    JFH

  2. Re: NT4 and USB?

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 20:34:49 GMT, John Huesman
    wrote:

    >Greetings, and aplogies if this has already been covered.
    >With the expansion of USB-only devices on the market, I would like to
    >be able to keep my NT4 Workstation but use some of these devices. Are
    >there any USB cards/drivers out there that will work without requiring
    >a total restructure of the registry?
    >
    >Thank you,
    >JFH

    NT4 has no USB capability.

    If the device manufacturer did not provide an NT-specific
    driver, (VERY rare), then the USB device won't work in your OS.

  3. Re: NT4 and USB?

    "John Huesman" wrote in message
    > Greetings, and aplogies if this has already been covered.
    > With the expansion of USB-only devices on the market, I would like to
    > be able to keep my NT4 Workstation but use some of these devices. Are
    > there any USB cards/drivers out there that will work without requiring
    > a total restructure of the registry?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > JFH

    You can get 3rd party device drivers for some USB devices to NT4 --- for
    example mice and external storage I have done this and it works a treat
    better than USB support on Win98se but other devices such as my HP Office
    jet aren't supported.

  4. Re: NT4 and USB?

    "John Huesman" wrote in message
    > Greetings, and aplogies if this has already been covered.
    > With the expansion of USB-only devices on the market, I would like to
    > be able to keep my NT4 Workstation but use some of these devices. Are
    > there any USB cards/drivers out there that will work without requiring
    > a total restructure of the registry?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > JFH

    Can be done I tried it and it works see