testing hub bearing (Cavalier) - Windows NT

This is a discussion on testing hub bearing (Cavalier) - Windows NT ; My '99 Cavalier (50K miles) failed its NYS safety inspection, for a "bad hub bearing". So, I tested this the way I used to test wheel bearings: jack it up, and feel for play in the wheel. I don't find ...

  1. testing hub bearing (Cavalier)

    My '99 Cavalier (50K miles) failed its NYS safety inspection, for a
    "bad hub bearing". So, I tested this the way I used to test wheel
    bearings: jack it up, and feel for play in the wheel. I don't find
    any. There is what looks like a bad tie-rod, on the other side. This
    gives some play in the alleged bad wheel, but you can see the movement
    all the way back to the steering wheel.

    Anyway, is there some magical way of testing hub bearings that I'm
    missing?

    TIA,
    George

  2. Re: testing hub bearing (Cavalier)