Re: Restart service automatically? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Re: Restart service automatically? - Windows NT ; On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:43:17 GMT, Big Daddy Butthead wrote: >I have a service which occasional dies. Is there any way to make NT/2000 >automatically restart it? Is there some little program I can run as a >service which ...

  1. Re: Restart service automatically?

    wrote:

    >I have a service which occasional dies. Is there any way to make NT/2000
    >automatically restart it? Is there some little program I can run as a
    >service which will start my program and restart it if it dies?

    Go to the computer management console (compmgmt.msc). Got the service
    section and get properties on the service. One of the tabs lets you
    decide how to handle the service crash (eg restart, leave it dead,
    notify, etc)

  2. Re: Restart service automatically?

    After rebooting Windows, chris@nospam.com wrote:
    >>I have a service which occasional dies. Is there any way to make NT/2000
    >>automatically restart it? Is there some little program I can run as a
    >>service which will start my program and restart it if it dies?

    > Go to the computer management console (compmgmt.msc). Got the service
    > section and get properties on the service. One of the tabs lets you
    > decide how to handle the service crash (eg restart, leave it dead,
    > notify, etc)

    Thanks. That works on Win2K. I need a solution that also works on NT4
    though.

+ Reply to Thread