Re: NT Service packs - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Re: NT Service packs - Windows NT ; Joe wrote: > Are NT 4.0 service packs all contained in the latest? I just installed > SP 6a after a new install. Yes. The service packs are cumulative....

  1. Re: NT Service packs

    Joe wrote:

    > Are NT 4.0 service packs all contained in the latest? I just installed
    > SP 6a after a new install.

    Yes. The service packs are cumulative.

  2. Re: NT Service packs

    Ghostrider <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message news:<3F394A6C.FA466AC0@fitron.142>...
    > Joe wrote:
    >
    > > Are NT 4.0 service packs all contained in the latest? I just installed
    > > SP 6a after a new install.

    > Yes. The service packs are cumulative

    Can I get hotfixes on cd after installing SP 6a? Also, How can I be
    sure that I have SP 6a, control panel shows the software as SP 6?

  3. Re: NT Service packs

    Ghostrider <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message news:<3F394A6C.FA466AC0@fitron.142>...
    > Joe wrote:
    >
    > > Are NT 4.0 service packs all contained in the latest? I just installed
    > > SP 6a after a new install.

    > Yes. The service packs are cumulative

    Can I get hotfixes on cd after installing SP 6a? Also, How can I be
    sure that I have SP 6a, control panel shows the software as SP 6?

  4. Re: NT Service packs

    Joe wrote:

    > Ghostrider <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message news:<3F394A6C.FA466AC0@fitron.142>...
    > > Joe wrote:
    > >
    > > > Are NT 4.0 service packs all contained in the latest? I just installed
    > > > SP 6a after a new install.

    > > Yes. The service packs are cumulative

    > Can I get hotfixes on cd after installing SP 6a? Also, How can I be
    > sure that I have SP 6a, control panel shows the software as SP 6?

    From Start, run "winver" (minus the quotes). A dialog box should appear,
    giving the exact version of the Service Pack that is installed.

    Regarding hot-fixes, there is a SPR, or a roll-up, for post-SP61 hotfixes.
    However, hotfixes should not be applied unless they are actually needed by
    the system. Most system administrators will download the hotfixes, perhaps
    transfer them and store them on cd, and apply the ones that are needed.

  5. Re: NT Service packs

    Winver.exe will show SP6a if it is installed.

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

+ Reply to Thread