Re: Installing Office 97 On Windows 2000 ? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Re: Installing Office 97 On Windows 2000 ? - Windows NT ; Office 97 runs very nicely on Win2000. How exactly are you trying to install it? Please be specific! "leslie" wrote in message news:m3oZa.162364$hV.10621008@twister.austin.rr.co m... > The system is a Compaq Armada 7800 laptop, with Windows 2000, > Service Pack 4. ...

  1. Re: Installing Office 97 On Windows 2000 ?

    "leslie" wrote in message
    news:m3oZa.162364$hV.10621008@twister.austin.rr.co m...
    > The system is a Compaq Armada 7800 laptop, with Windows 2000,
    > Service Pack 4.
    >
    > When trying to install Office 97, SETUP.EXE gets either:
    >
    > o insufficient memory error message
    >
    > o "This Setup program is not intended to be used with your
    > version of Windows"
    >
    > Is Office 97 incompatible with Windows 2000 ?
    >
    > A friend reports being able to install Office 97 on NT 4.0.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > --Jerry Leslie (my opinions are strictly my own)
    > Note: leslie@jrlvax.houston.rr.com is invalid for email

  2. Re: Installing Office 97 On Windows 2000 ?

    On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:37:56 GMT, LESLIE@JRLVAX.HOUSTON.RR.COM
    (leslie) wrote:

    >From a CD that I've used before:
    >
    > Task bar | Start | Run
    >
    >Some more attempts ended in "can't read device" errors, so I put
    >the CD on another machine's CD-ROM drive and installed Office 97
    >via the network without any problems.
    >
    >The Compaq laptop's CD-ROM drive may need some cleaning.

    With Office 97 and Windows 2000 I experienced problems if service pack
    3 was installed; no problem if I went to an earlier service pack.
    Recently, I saw the "insufficient memory" message (on a computer with
    1 GB of RAM!). Installing the Office service releases 1 and 2 cured
    that.

    Good luck, Klaus

    Klaus Eichele * University of Tuebingen * Germany
    http://casgm3.anorg.chemie.uni-tuebingen.de/klaus

+ Reply to Thread