"DJ" wrote:
> I need a batch file that will be able to determine what
> version of windows is running on a box...

The Mount/\Command "GetOS" provides the following:

1. Displays the current Operating System
2. Saves the value in the variable %#os%
3. Sets an errorlevel based on the result

GetOS performs CONSISTENTLY under NT/2K/XP/K3. It is included in the FREE
Advanced NT/2K/XP Command Library (http://ntlib.com)

See the GetOS Page for details and color-keyed examples:

TheSystemGuard.com | BoomingOrFuming.com | MountCommands.com
Free and "Almost Free" Knowledge for Windows System Admins!