Re: any utilities: finding out what files copied during installations? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Re: any utilities: finding out what files copied during installations? - Windows NT ; anno_RemoveThisText_@opossum.rat.at wrote in message news: ... > Kenjis Kaan wrote: > : I really wonder if there are any utilities out there that will tell > : you > : reliably what files are copied to your hard drive and ...

  1. Re: any utilities: finding out what files copied during installations?

    anno_RemoveThisText_@opossum.rat.at wrote in message news:...
    > Kenjis Kaan wrote:
    > : I really wonder if there are any utilities out there that will tell
    > : you
    > : reliably what files are copied to your hard drive and what register
    > : setting has been added/modified etc? I sometimes just wanted to know
    > : so I can back up
    > : the right files etc in order not having to do a full install
    > : everytime. TIA
    >

    > try windiff. it makes a snapshot and compares this snapshot after a installation
    > and gives the differences in files and registry.
    >
    > krgds
    > AH.

    > Murphy was an optimist.

    Where can I find this windiff? A search on google reveals too many
    hits, not sure if its the same thing you are referring to. I also
    have a Windiff that comes with my Visual C++ 6 installation, but when
    I run I don't see any option about making a snapshot. TIA

  2. Re: any utilities: finding out what files copied during installations?

    news:6a8ba9f8.0308070628.42332054@posting.google.c om...

    > > Kenjis Kaan wrote:
    > > : I really wonder if there are any utilities out there that will tell
    > > : you
    > > : reliably what files are copied to your hard drive and what register
    > > : setting has been added/modified etc? I sometimes just wanted to know
    > > : so I can back up
    > > : the right files etc in order not having to do a full install
    > > : everytime. TIA
    > >

    > > try windiff. it makes a snapshot and compares this snapshot after a

    installation
    > > and gives the differences in files and registry.
    > >
    > > krgds
    > > AH.

    > > Murphy was an optimist.

    > Where can I find this windiff? A search on google reveals too many
    > hits, not sure if its the same thing you are referring to. I also
    > have a Windiff that comes with my Visual C++ 6 installation, but when
    > I run I don't see any option about making a snapshot. TIA

    It's called SYSDIFF and it's included with the WinNT/2000 Resource Kits.

+ Reply to Thread