Mouse pointer changing color - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Mouse pointer changing color - Windows NT ; Why does the mouse pointer change colors occasionally on winnt and win2k systems. It occasionally will change from white to sort of a rainbow of colors and then back to white after a couple seconds. Thanks, -- "Shut up Spock, ...

  1. Mouse pointer changing color

    --
    "Shut up Spock, we're rescuing you" - McCoy.....

  2. Re: Mouse pointer changing color

    Charlie wrote:

    > Why does the mouse pointer change colors occasionally on winnt and
    > win2k systems. It occasionally will change from white to sort of a
    > rainbow of colors and then back to white after a couple seconds.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > --
    > "Shut up Spock, we're rescuing you" - McCoy.....

    What was the pointer moving over? A "rainbow" color, like an oil droplet
    on water, is typical of a Moire pattern effect.

  3. Re: Mouse pointer changing color

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 22:22:06 -0700, GHalleck
    wrote:

    >Charlie wrote:
    >
    >> Why does the mouse pointer change colors occasionally on winnt and
    >> win2k systems. It occasionally will change from white to sort of a
    >> rainbow of colors and then back to white after a couple seconds.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> --
    >> "Shut up Spock, we're rescuing you" - McCoy.....

    >What was the pointer moving over? A "rainbow" color, like an oil droplet
    >on water, is typical of a Moire pattern effect.

    It is, in some ways, similar to a moire pattern. There are bands or
    stripes of various colors than are aligned across, rather than
    length-ways, of the cursor. There are several colors (hence the
    "rainbow" effect). These stripes are narrow enough that about 3 or 4
    colors may be seen at any time on the cursor. These bands of color
    pass quickly up the cursor from the base to the point. Total time for
    this effect is about 1 or 2 seconds and then it goes back to white. As
    to what the cursor is passing over or what the system is doing at the
    time appears to be random. I cannot recall the effect being specific
    to any particular activity. I have seen this on almost all nt and w2k
    systems I have used so I am sure others have seen this as well. I have
    mine set to the animated cursors that come standard with nt. I do not
    know if this effect happens with the plain unanimated cursor.

    --
    "Shut up Spock, we're rescuing you" - McCoy.....

+ Reply to Thread