Ross Presser wrote in message news:...
> > See (http://TheSystemGuard.com/MtCmds/GetValue).

> Original poster, be aware that this is a commercial product, not a default
> part of any OS.

Thanks for the warning. I am using dos bat programming so I can
easily redistribute what I am doing for to other people in my office (
ie not requiring them to download or get anything other then what is
already on their box ).

It seems like the higher up you go in windows these days the more
features you find missing in dos.

I find this surprising as a few months ago I read an article about how
MS realized that having a functional command line shell/scripting
would help them spread on the server side.....so much so....that they
were paying to build a windows version of the korn shell.

It seems odd given this that they would chip away at dos/cmd.exe

Steve