Find name by IP - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Find name by IP - Windows NT ; Dear experts, My NT network uses WINS+DNS/DHCP. So now I can ping computer name. But I don't know how to view the name when I got his IP. For example, how can I know 192.168.100.111's name? THanks in advance for ...

  1. Find name by IP

    Dear experts,

    My NT network uses WINS+DNS/DHCP. So now I can ping computer name. But
    I don't know how to view the name when I got his IP. For example, how
    can I know 192.168.100.111's name?

    THanks in advance for your kind answer.

  2. Re: Find name by IP

    Try this:

    nbtstat -A 192.168.100.111

    "Va David" wrote in message
    news:a0195fb2.0307220054.6f22eb7d@posting.google.c om...
    > Dear experts,
    >
    > My NT network uses WINS+DNS/DHCP. So now I can ping computer name. But
    > I don't know how to view the name when I got his IP. For example, how
    > can I know 192.168.100.111's name?
    >
    > THanks in advance for your kind answer.

  3. Re: Find name by IP

    Or ping -a 192.168.100.111

    GuFaz
    "Ed Siff" skrev i en meddelelse
    > or, nslookup 192.168.100.111
    >
    > Ed
    >
    > In article , "Pegasus \(MVP\)"
    > wrote:
    > >Try this:
    > >
    > >nbtstat -A 192.168.100.111
    > >

    > >"Va David" wrote in message
    > >news:a0195fb2.0307220054.6f22eb7d@posting.google.c om...
    > >> Dear experts,
    > >>
    > >> My NT network uses WINS+DNS/DHCP. So now I can ping computer name. But
    > >> I don't know how to view the name when I got his IP. For example, how
    > >> can I know 192.168.100.111's name?
    > >>
    > >> THanks in advance for your kind answer.

+ Reply to Thread