Windows NT and Outlook 2000 - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Windows NT and Outlook 2000 - Windows NT ; I have a Windows NT server that I cannot install Outlook 2000 on. I get a message that tells me that there is not enough room on drive c to install Outlook. I know there is not enough room, but ...

  1. Windows NT and Outlook 2000

    I have a Windows NT server that I cannot install Outlook 2000 on. I
    get a message that tells me that there is not enough room on drive c
    to install Outlook. I know there is not enough room, but I am trying
    to install it on drive d. NT just won't let me. I try to highlight
    drive d, but drive c remains highlighted. I try to change the path
    and put d:\blah\blah then click next, but it pops up the box telling
    me that there is not enough room on drive c. Somebody please help!

  2. Re: Windows NT and Outlook 2000

    Dave wrote:

    > I have a Windows NT server that I cannot install Outlook 2000 on. I
    > get a message that tells me that there is not enough room on drive c
    > to install Outlook. I know there is not enough room, but I am trying
    > to install it on drive d. NT just won't let me. I try to highlight
    > drive d, but drive c remains highlighted. I try to change the path
    > and put d:\blah\blah then click next, but it pops up the box telling
    > me that there is not enough room on drive c. Somebody please help!

    Because, in their infinite wisdom that the software designers at Microsoft
    felt that users should only have just 1 partition, Drive C, and furthermore
    that all common program files using the Windows OS's should be placed
    in Drive C, this is the result of dumbed-down installation programming.
    The options are (a) remove some files from Drive C; (b) use a third-party
    utility such a Partition Magic and enlarge Drive C, if there is free space in
    the other partitions to allow for it; (c) Forgo Outlook 2000 --- do you
    really need it? Or, (d) take the time to re-write the *.inf installation file
    for Outlook, allowing it to be installed elsewhere.

  3. Re: Windows NT and Outlook 2000

    Further to what Ghostrider said: If you don't have enough room
    on drive C: then you're painting yourself into a corner. I recommend
    that you get a larger disk now (they are very cheap) and copy
    things across before your system becomes inoperative!

    "Dave" wrote in message
    news:8a630d1c.0307210845.3e58242e@posting.google.c om...
    > I have a Windows NT server that I cannot install Outlook 2000 on. I
    > get a message that tells me that there is not enough room on drive c
    > to install Outlook. I know there is not enough room, but I am trying
    > to install it on drive d. NT just won't let me. I try to highlight
    > drive d, but drive c remains highlighted. I try to change the path
    > and put d:\blah\blah then click next, but it pops up the box telling
    > me that there is not enough room on drive c. Somebody please help!

+ Reply to Thread