task scheduler does not auto run tasks missed while computer was OFF - Windows NT

This is a discussion on task scheduler does not auto run tasks missed while computer was OFF - Windows NT ; i have a computer for the purpose of running schedules crystal reports and sometimes we have power failers and my computer loses power (even plugged into a batter backup) - or i get major surges and it trips the breaker ...

  1. task scheduler does not auto run tasks missed while computer was OFF

    i have a computer for the purpose of running schedules crystal reports

    and sometimes we have power failers and my computer loses power (even
    plugged into a batter backup) - or i get major surges and it trips the
    breaker on the batter backup - either way the computer turns off

    and when i bring the computer back up - the scheduler does not
    automatically run the missed tasks - is there a way to force the
    scheduler to run the missed tasks

    running 2000 pro

    thx

  2. Re: task scheduler does not auto run tasks missed while computer was OFF

    "Tr0y Quigl3y" wrote in message
    news:9a7071d9.0307170624.76c56835@posting.google.c om...
    > i have a computer for the purpose of running schedules crystal reports
    >
    > and sometimes we have power failers and my computer loses power (even
    > plugged into a batter backup) - or i get major surges and it trips the
    > breaker on the batter backup - either way the computer turns off
    >
    > and when i bring the computer back up - the scheduler does not
    > automatically run the missed tasks - is there a way to force the
    > scheduler to run the missed tasks
    >
    > running 2000 pro
    >
    > thx

    You have to schedule the task multiple times. Each task checks for
    the existence of a semaphore file. If the file does not exist, the task
    will run and will create the semaphore file on completion. If the file
    does exist, the task will not run.

    At the end of the day you clear the slate by deleting all semaphore
    files.

  3. Re: task scheduler does not auto run tasks missed while computer was OFF

    thank you very much for the reply

    i will try that out

    "Pegasus \(MVP\)" wrote in message news:...
    > "Tr0y Quigl3y" wrote in message
    > news:9a7071d9.0307170624.76c56835@posting.google.c om...
    > > i have a computer for the purpose of running schedules crystal reports
    > >
    > > and sometimes we have power failers and my computer loses power (even
    > > plugged into a batter backup) - or i get major surges and it trips the
    > > breaker on the batter backup - either way the computer turns off
    > >
    > > and when i bring the computer back up - the scheduler does not
    > > automatically run the missed tasks - is there a way to force the
    > > scheduler to run the missed tasks
    > >
    > > running 2000 pro
    > >
    > > thx

    > You have to schedule the task multiple times. Each task checks for
    > the existence of a semaphore file. If the file does not exist, the task
    > will run and will create the semaphore file on completion. If the file
    > does exist, the task will not run.
    >
    > At the end of the day you clear the slate by deleting all semaphore
    > files.

+ Reply to Thread