home page has been hijacked - Windows NT

This is a discussion on home page has been hijacked - Windows NT ; My home page keeps being reset to a page that must have been loaded by a web site, I change my home page back to what I would like it to be but when I reboot the other page is ...

  1. home page has been hijacked

    My home page keeps being reset to a page that must have been loaded by
    a web site, I change my home page back to what I would like it to be
    but when I reboot the other page is back. I have gone into my registry
    and changed my default_page and my start_page. I also do a find with
    the string that is in my default_page everytime I reboot and change
    every occurance of this string and the wrong home page still comes
    back. What do I need to change to get rid of this take over of my home
    page. Thank you for any help.

  2. Re: home page has been hijacked

    mark (morgan.mark@worldnet.att.net) wrote:
    : My home page keeps being reset to a page that must have been loaded by
    : a web site, I change my home page back to what I would like it to be
    : but when I reboot the other page is back. I have gone into my registry
    : and changed my default_page and my start_page. I also do a find with
    : the string that is in my default_page everytime I reboot and change
    : every occurance of this string and the wrong home page still comes
    : back. What do I need to change to get rid of this take over of my home
    : page. Thank you for any help.
    :

    This article may help:

    http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/hijacked/
    SpywareInfo > Hijacked!

    If not, post to the alt.privacy.spyware newsgroup.

    --Jerry Leslie (my opinions are strictly my own)
    Note: leslie@jrlvax.houston.rr.com is invalid for email

+ Reply to Thread