Why is my NT station SO SLOW ?? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Why is my NT station SO SLOW ?? - Windows NT ; Hi everyone, I have an NT workstation that has been working fine for the past 2 years. All of a sudden, I notice the system locking up. After a reboot, the system just takes a LONG TIME to do anything. ...

  1. Why is my NT station SO SLOW ??

    Hi everyone,

    I have an NT workstation that has been working fine for the past 2 years. All
    of a sudden, I notice the system locking up. After a reboot, the system just
    takes a LONG TIME to do anything. For example, if I double click on a Desktop
    icon, it may take 5 minutes until it opens up, versus just a second before.

    I took out its hard drive. I plugged this hard drive into another Windows NT
    system to be scanned for viruses. Although the virus scan definition is
    updated, no viruses were detected.

    Is my NT workstation hit with some kind of NT security viruses, or am I having
    hardware (motherboard) problems? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Why is my NT station SO SLOW ??

    Have a look at your Task Manager to see what's eating up
    your CPU time. You should also check your Event Viewer.

    "SanJose239" wrote in message
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I have an NT workstation that has been working fine for the past 2 years.

    All
    > of a sudden, I notice the system locking up. After a reboot, the system

    just
    > takes a LONG TIME to do anything. For example, if I double click on a

    Desktop
    > icon, it may take 5 minutes until it opens up, versus just a second

    before.

    > I took out its hard drive. I plugged this hard drive into another Windows

    NT
    > system to be scanned for viruses. Although the virus scan definition is
    > updated, no viruses were detected.
    >
    > Is my NT workstation hit with some kind of NT security viruses, or am I

    having
    > hardware (motherboard) problems? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    > Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread