Re: Windows XP default behaviour - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Re: Windows XP default behaviour - Windows NT ; Jan Kannemacher wrote: > > Yo. > > Recently I switched from Windows 2000 to XP Pro. Now I'm trying to > figure out how I can alter some default stuff, haven't found any > options so far. Years of ...

  1. Re: Windows XP default behaviour

    Jan Kannemacher wrote:

    > Yo.
    >
    > Recently I switched from Windows 2000 to XP Pro. Now I'm trying to
    > figure out how I can alter some default stuff, haven't found any
    > options so far. Years of working with NT and 2000 made me quite used
    > to the fact that after booting up the explorer window opened
    > automatically where it was when the system shut down.

    In TweakUI select Explorer / Save Explorer window settings

    > Second, the XP
    > task manager sorts by process ID from highest to lowest while I'd like
    > it the other way round, having Idle on top of the list.

    Click on the CPU tab to change sort order.

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

  2. Re: Windows XP default behaviour

    Mike Walsh wrote:

    > Jan Kannemacher wrote:
    > >
    > > Yo.
    > >
    > > Recently I switched from Windows 2000 to XP Pro. Now I'm trying to
    > > figure out how I can alter some default stuff, haven't found any
    > > options so far. Years of working with NT and 2000 made me quite used
    > > to the fact that after booting up the explorer window opened
    > > automatically where it was when the system shut down.

    > In TweakUI select Explorer / Save Explorer window settings

    If i recall correctly this does not work with some versions of TweakUI, you might have to manually edit the registry.

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

  3. Re: Windows XP default behaviour

    Mike Walsh wrote:

    >Click on the CPU tab to change sort order.

    Yeah, I'm not stupid. ;^) XP refuses to remember this setting. Every
    time I start the task manager it's the same again, from highest to
    lowest.

    JK'03

+ Reply to Thread