I had my laptop at a workplace and joined it to their domain temporarily.
Now that I have removed it from their domain it appears that their group
security policy has remained on my laptop now that it is back home on my
workgroup. I cannot install most of the Windows updates anymore. After
looking at the event log I see errors along the lines of propagating
security policy, also I've been prompted to change my password that it will
expire in 14 days and I've never had that before either so I conclude that
it must be group policy over riding my computer defaults. I would like to
know how to eliminate or reset the group security policy and get control of
my laptop again.

TIA
Ron