Lock down wireless network - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Lock down wireless network - Windows NT ; Does anyone know how I can lock down a workstation so that it can ONLY attach to a specified wireless network. Let me explain a little bit. I recently set up a ton of filter rules for my wireless router, ...

  1. Lock down wireless network

    Does anyone know how I can lock down a workstation so that it can ONLY
    attach to a specified wireless network.

    Let me explain a little bit. I recently set up a ton of filter rules
    for my wireless router, to block certain sites from the kids, only to
    find out that they were attaching to a neighbors hotspot (which is not
    secured) to get around the filters.

    I was hoping to specify my home network on there workstations and then
    lock them down to avoid this problem.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Lock down wireless network

    Tell your neighbors that your kids have been using their access points because they (the
    neighbors) don't have them secured; that means they're letting people use their Internet
    connection for free. Offer to show your neighbors how to enable WEP.

    --
    #include
    _

  3. Re: Lock down wireless network

    It's easy. Assign some IP to this machine on the router using MAC address,
    set the static IP on this computer. Hopefully kids are not having the full
    administrative access to all system settings?

    "Tony" wrote in message
    news:1135015055.150149.154460@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Does anyone know how I can lock down a workstation so that it can ONLY
    > attach to a specified wireless network.
    >
    > Let me explain a little bit. I recently set up a ton of filter rules
    > for my wireless router, to block certain sites from the kids, only to
    > find out that they were attaching to a neighbors hotspot (which is not
    > secured) to get around the filters.
    >
    > I was hoping to specify my home network on there workstations and then
    > lock them down to avoid this problem.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread