I have a W2K Server and I want to deny delete access to particular
group. The problem is that when any MS-Office application opens a
document, let's say a spreadsheet, a temporary file get created in the
folder where the original file exists. When you try to save changes,
it cannot delete the temp file (because delete access is denied).

Q1. Is there a way to allow temp file deletes in NTFS?

Q2. Can you change the location that Office writes the temp file to,
like the local temp folder, which seems like it should be there anyway.

Thanks for any help