Win 2k FTP rights - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Win 2k FTP rights - Windows NT ; Hey guys, I'm having an issue with FTP rights on windows 2000 server. I know this isn't the most secure thing to do but for the sake of testing I've set read/write/execute permissions for everyone on the website root folder. ...

  1. Win 2k FTP rights

    Hey guys, I'm having an issue with FTP rights on windows 2000 server.
    I know this isn't the most secure thing to do but for the sake of
    testing I've set read/write/execute permissions for everyone on the
    website root folder. Then I told it to propogate those right to all
    children. When I connect with an ftp client all folders show with
    execute permissions but all files show with no execute permissions.
    Any ideas why or how to fix it?

    Thanks.
    Mark

  2. Re: Win 2k FTP rights

    Don't use IIS FTP. Check out cat-soft.com for Serv-U.

    --
    #include
    _

  3. Re: Win 2k FTP rights

    We did try Serv-U and a few other ftp servers. None of them work.
    Does anybody know how to get the ftp client to see the same permissions
    that windows is showing? Why would it be different on files that on
    the folders?

    Mark

    Kevin D. Quitt wrote:
    > Don't use IIS FTP. Check out cat-soft.com for Serv-U.
    >

    > --
    > #include
    > _
    > Kevin D Quitt USA 91387-4454 96.37% of all statistics are

    made up

+ Reply to Thread