mapped drives permissions - Windows NT

This is a discussion on mapped drives permissions - Windows NT ; We have a mapped drive for few users. Within this mapped drive, at root level, there are 3 folders. Within the root, we don't want users to create new folders and remove existing folders. But within those folders that are ...

  1. mapped drives permissions

    We have a mapped drive for few users.

    Within this mapped drive, at root level, there are 3 folders.

    Within the root, we don't want users to create new folders and remove
    existing folders. But within those folders that are aldready there,
    users can do anything.

    We have unchecked the "allow" to create "create folder" and to "delete
    folder", and it is fine. However, when users drag and drop the folders
    one within another one, they are allowed to move folders with the
    mouse!

    Is there a "move folder" permission that I can disable?

  2. Re: mapped drives permissions

    Have you tried giving read access to all users at root level? Ideally,
    propagate to all child items, then go to each of the 3 subfolders and apply
    specific permissions.

    Jacques

    "cgian31" wrote in message
    news:1111179346.046936.247510@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    > We have a mapped drive for few users.
    >
    > Within this mapped drive, at root level, there are 3 folders.
    >
    > Within the root, we don't want users to create new folders and remove
    > existing folders. But within those folders that are aldready there,
    > users can do anything.
    >
    > We have unchecked the "allow" to create "create folder" and to "delete
    > folder", and it is fine. However, when users drag and drop the folders
    > one within another one, they are allowed to move folders with the
    > mouse!
    >
    > Is there a "move folder" permission that I can disable?

+ Reply to Thread