export NTFS permissions - Windows NT

This is a discussion on export NTFS permissions - Windows NT ; Hello, i'm looking for a program / script / ... that will help me in making a list of premissions to NTFS folders on mys w2k server. I want to have a list (in txt, xls, csv,...) of perms to ...

  1. export NTFS permissions

    Hello,

    i'm looking for a program / script / ... that will help me in making a
    list of premissions to NTFS folders on mys w2k server.
    I want to have a list (in txt, xls, csv,...) of perms to folders. I
    have a lots of them and i would like to have only one row for each
    folder that set's premissions to it subfolders... (am i clear?:P)

    tia for help

    Wojtek

  2. Re: export NTFS permissions

    You mean pERmissions, right? If you have Cygwin or some other good set
    of *nix tools installed, you could get a list with this:

    ls -lAR 2>/dev/null | egrep "^d|:$" | awk
    '{if($0~/:$/){root=substr($0,1,length($0)-1)}else{print substr($1,2,9)
    " \"" root"/"$9"\""}}'

    This would generate text something like:

    rwxrwxrwx "./Perl/bin"
    rwxrwxrwx "./Perl/eg"
    rwxrwxrwx "./Perl/html"
    rwxrwxrwx "./Perl/lib"
    rwxrwxrwx "./Perl/site"
    rwxrwxrwx "./Perl/eg/Core"
    rwxrwxrwx "./Perl/eg/IEExamples"
    rwxrwxrwx "./Perl/eg/Windows"
    rwxrwxrwx "./Perl/eg/Windows"
    rwxrwxrwx "./Perl/eg/aspSamples"
    rwxrwxrwx "./Perl/eg/Core/cgi"

    It's unclear if you want just a list, or a means to then take this list
    and apply the permissions to folders, as well. It wouldn't be too hard
    to use more *nix tools to do this from what's generated above by
    translating the permissions string into the appropriate bits and using
    chmod. Also, when you say you want to set permissions to subfolders
    you mean what, that you are only intersted in the permissions of
    folders in the root directory? You want all subfolders of a folder in
    the root directory to recursively get the permissions of that folder?

    HTH,

  3. Re: export NTFS permissions

    Just look at PAE V3 at this url http://www.winsysbee.com

    WinSysBee Support
    SÚcuritÚ et Expertise Informatique
    http://www.winsysbee.com

    wrote in message
    news:1109968677.839334.287280@l41g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hello,
    >
    > i'm looking for a program / script / ... that will help me in making a
    > list of premissions to NTFS folders on mys w2k server.
    > I want to have a list (in txt, xls, csv,...) of perms to folders. I
    > have a lots of them and i would like to have only one row for each
    > folder that set's premissions to it subfolders... (am i clear?:P)
    >
    > tia for help
    >
    > Wojtek

+ Reply to Thread