User accounts being locked out - Windows NT

This is a discussion on User accounts being locked out - Windows NT ; We have approximately 80 users on a windows 2000 network with an NT 4.0 PDC and another NT 4.0 BDC. I have users suddenly being locked out in the middle of the day. They will be working then suddenly their ...

  1. User accounts being locked out

    We have approximately 80 users on a windows 2000 network with an NT 4.0 PDC
    and another NT 4.0 BDC. I have users suddenly being locked out in the middle
    of the day. They will be working then suddenly their account is locked out.
    It also seems like this is happening to only a few users, not all (yet).
    What the heck is going on? Has anyone else seen this before?

    Thanks

  2. Re: User accounts being locked out

    "Bob" wrote in message
    > We have approximately 80 users on a windows 2000 network with an NT 4.0

    PDC
    > and another NT 4.0 BDC. I have users suddenly being locked out in the

    middle
    > of the day. They will be working then suddenly their account is locked

    out.
    > It also seems like this is happening to only a few users, not all (yet).
    > What the heck is going on? Has anyone else seen this before?
    >
    > Thanks

    Have a look at the Security Log in the Event Viewer.

  3. Re: User accounts being locked out

    Check your antivirus, last year there was a virus loose on our
    networks that did the same thing.

  4. Re: User accounts being locked out

    I've seen this when users were logged in on multiple workstations and
    changed their password on one workstation. Eventually the other logins
    grew stale and kept locking out the accounts because they were still
    using the old password. This also applies to mapped drives.

+ Reply to Thread