Minimum rights to join PC to domain - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Minimum rights to join PC to domain - Windows NT ; Hi there, I need to find out what is the minimum rights I must assign to a person that needs to join a PC to a domain. Example: A technician rebuilds a Workstation and need to joined it to the ...

  1. Minimum rights to join PC to domain

    Hi there,

    I need to find out what is the minimum rights I must assign to a person that
    needs to join a PC to a domain.

    Example: A technician rebuilds a Workstation and need to joined it to the
    domain for the user. The technician is not suppose to have any other admin
    rights on the network.

    Any assistance will be appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Minimum rights to join PC to domain

    Eben Venter wrote:

    > I need to find out what is the minimum rights I must assign to a person that
    > needs to join a PC to a domain.

    Just about the default rights for the domain Account Operators group, IIRC.

    Thor

    --
    http://www.anta.net/OH2GDF

  3. Re: Minimum rights to join PC to domain

    Just grant the user account "Add workstations to domain" user rights. I
    forgot how to set it in Windows NT 4.0, but in Win2k/2k3, it's usual on the
    default domain policy, undert Computer Configuration->Windows
    Settings->Security Settings->Local Policies->User Rights Assigment.

    --
    Steve Seguis - MCSE, MVP Windows Server, SCJP
    SCRIPTMATION, INC.

    "Eben Venter" wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I need to find out what is the minimum rights I must assign to a person
    > that needs to join a PC to a domain.
    >
    > Example: A technician rebuilds a Workstation and need to joined it to the
    > domain for the user. The technician is not suppose to have any other
    > admin rights on the network.
    >
    > Any assistance will be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread