Folder/File Permissions after reinstallation - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Folder/File Permissions after reinstallation - Windows NT ; Hi, I've few unclear doubts. Sinerio : There are few HDD in server. The Data Harddisk is moved to other machine having installed Win2003 (out of office premises). (Note: I'm not using Active Directory) What will happen at the new ...

  1. Folder/File Permissions after reinstallation

    Hi,

    I've few unclear doubts.

    Sinerio :
    There are few HDD in server. The Data Harddisk is moved to other
    machine having installed Win2003 (out of office premises).
    (Note: I'm not using Active Directory)

    What will happen at the new installation place in following cases
    1] If I've given some permission for a single user of Win2003 and the
    same name of user is exising on the new server too.

    2] If I've given some permission for a single group of Win2003 and the
    same name of group is exising on the new server too.

    Your reply and any reference to material online is appreciated.
    Thank you.

    Jitu

  2. Re: Folder/File Permissions after reinstallation

    The situation of transfer of HDD may be any like Current installation
    failed, Moved from one office to other office having different setup,
    HDD taken by any employee out of premises etc....

+ Reply to Thread