A friend brought me his sick computer. It had a virus and some spyware.
The virus scanner hadn't updated it a year and xp patches hadn't been
applied in some time either. I installed avast and deleted out the
infected files and was able to get the comp to work pretty good without
a complete system restore.

There was one process I could not figure out, msvcutil.exe. I searched
through the registry and removed an entry or two, couldn't locate the
exe on the system. Killed the process and it would still come back
immediately.

I ran multiple virus scans. But nothing came up.

I have been messing with windoze for years and can't seem to remember
finding this process.
Couldn't get a single hit on google for it either.

Any ideas?