ASPNET Account - Windows NT

This is a discussion on ASPNET Account - Windows NT ; I was just looking things over and I noticed a new account under my users. It's and ASPNET user, (account used for ASP.NET worker process....) I hadn't noticed it before. What is is? What does it do? Should it be ...

  1. ASPNET Account

    I was just looking things over and I noticed a new account under my users.
    It's and ASPNET user, (account used for ASP.NET worker process....) I hadn't
    noticed it before.
    What is is?
    What does it do?
    Should it be disabled?
    Should I make any changes?

    Have been out of the loop for a while, could someone bring me up to speed.

    thank you

  2. Re: ASPNET Account

    On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 05:33:50 -0500, "Robert"
    wrote:

    >I was just looking things over and I noticed a new account under my users.
    >It's and ASPNET user, (account used for ASP.NET worker process....) I hadn't
    >noticed it before.
    >What is is?
    >What does it do?
    >Should it be disabled?
    >Should I make any changes?
    >
    >Have been out of the loop for a while, could someone bring me up to speed.

    It's for running ASP.NET apps on your web server. If you don't do
    that, remove the .NET framework, and IIS.

    Jeff

+ Reply to Thread