How to Run Norton Antivirus Scan in Task Manager??? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on How to Run Norton Antivirus Scan in Task Manager??? - Windows NT ; I'm running Norton AV on many PCs and there is a scan task in the Windows scheduler. The problem is that, when a user changes his Windows domain account password, the task fails to run because the task's password is ...

  1. How to Run Norton Antivirus Scan in Task Manager???

    I'm running Norton AV on many PCs and there is a scan task in the
    Windows scheduler. The problem is that, when a user changes his
    Windows domain account password, the task fails to run because the
    task's password is out of sync.

    I've tried running the task under a different account (I could use
    any account whose password doesn't change) but it seems that some
    tasks will only run using the account that is logged-into.

    I've also searched for a utility that will sync the task manager
    passwords to the Windows logged-in account password but I can't find
    one.

    I was thinking that there might be a Windows security option somewhere
    that would allow a local account with Administrator privileges to run a
    local application.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've been wasting alot of time
    on this problem.

    -Doug S.

  2. Re: How to Run Norton Antivirus Scan in Task Manager???

    how utterly unrelated...
    can you say "Start a new thread?"

    DougS wrote:
    > I'm running Norton AV on many PCs and there is a scan task in the
    > Windows scheduler. The problem is that, when a user changes his
    > Windows domain account password, the task fails to run because the
    > task's password is out of sync.
    >
    > I've tried running the task under a different account (I could use
    > any account whose password doesn't change) but it seems that some
    > tasks will only run using the account that is logged-into.
    >
    > I've also searched for a utility that will sync the task manager
    > passwords to the Windows logged-in account password but I can't find
    > one.
    >
    > I was thinking that there might be a Windows security option

    somewhere
    > that would allow a local account with Administrator privileges to run

    > local application.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've been wasting alot of

    time
    > on this problem.
    >
    > -Doug S.

  3. Re: How to Run Norton Antivirus Scan in Task Manager???

    LOL Sorry, I posted to the wrong thread... how STUPID of me, I beg for
    forgiveness to the group.... slip of the mouse.

  4. Re: How to Run Norton Antivirus Scan in Task Manager???

    this new google groups version confuses me sometimes, wrong thread I
    posted to, sorry

+ Reply to Thread