Problems with Win 2k Pro and lsass.exe - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Problems with Win 2k Pro and lsass.exe - Windows NT ; I was wondering why I might be getting kicked off of the internet after about being on-line for about two minutes. Maybe somebody out there can tell me. I'm running Windows 2K pro logged on as administrator and after about ...

  1. Problems with Win 2k Pro and lsass.exe

    I was wondering why I might be getting kicked off of the internet after
    about being on-line for about two minutes. Maybe somebody out there can tell
    me.

    I'm running Windows 2K pro logged on as administrator and after about 2
    minutes or so (it varies)
    I get a message flash that starts NT AUTHORITY
    then goes on to say your system will be restarted in (countdown of seconds)
    It then says that a program terminated unexpectedly. The name of the program
    is lsass.exe
    a error code is given of Code 128. Then my computer restarts at the end of
    the countdown. This only happens when I am logged onto the internet.

    Any ideas as to what the hell is happening and how I can fix this crap ?

  2. Re: Problems with Win 2k Pro and lsass.exe

    David Rohde wrote:
    > I was wondering why I might be getting kicked off of the internet after
    > about being on-line for about two minutes. Maybe somebody out there can tell
    > me.
    >
    > I'm running Windows 2K pro logged on as administrator and after about 2
    > minutes or so (it varies)
    > I get a message flash that starts NT AUTHORITY
    > then goes on to say your system will be restarted in (countdown of seconds)
    > It then says that a program terminated unexpectedly. The name of the program
    > is lsass.exe
    > a error code is given of Code 128. Then my computer restarts at the end of
    > the countdown. This only happens when I am logged onto the internet.
    >
    > Any ideas as to what the hell is happening and how I can fix this crap ?

    Sasser or Blaster i think...
    this behavior results because these worm use a vulnerability in the
    lsass server of Windows and forces to crash it...

+ Reply to Thread