Access denied deleting a folder, no security tab - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Access denied deleting a folder, no security tab - Windows NT ; One of several folders that nant creates is giving me problems. I can't delete it, change ownership or do anything else to it. As far as I can tell, the owner is listed as "---", and there is no security ...

  1. Access denied deleting a folder, no security tab

    One of several folders that nant creates is giving me problems. I
    can't delete it, change ownership or do anything else to it.

    As far as I can tell, the owner is listed as "---", and there is no
    security tab when I open properties.

    How would one go about recovering this file? Not at all interested in
    what is in it, deleting it would be fine.

    Thanks,
    Andrew Backer

  2. Re: Access denied deleting a folder, no security tab

    Try this:

    1) run chkdsk c: /f (where C: is the drive this folder is located)
    2) restart your computer
    3) Try running cacls.exe (i.e. cacls.exe c:\the_folder_to_delete /E /T /G
    everyone:F
    4) See if you can delete it now

    --
    Steve Seguis - MCSE, MS-MVP, SCJP
    SCRIPTMATION

    "abacker" wrote in message
    news:1102976179.900931.62360@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
    > One of several folders that nant creates is giving me problems. I
    > can't delete it, change ownership or do anything else to it.
    >
    > As far as I can tell, the owner is listed as "---", and there is no
    > security tab when I open properties.
    >
    > How would one go about recovering this file? Not at all interested in
    > what is in it, deleting it would be fine.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Andrew Backer

+ Reply to Thread