Check Windows Update - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Check Windows Update - Windows NT ; With our small company we have all of the user's machines set to do Windows Update automatically, at least that is the theory. Is there any easy way to evaluate whether the individual machines are really getting the updates? Especially, ...

  1. Check Windows Update

    With our small company we have all of the user's machines set to do
    Windows Update automatically, at least that is the theory. Is there
    any easy way to evaluate whether the individual machines are really
    getting the updates? Especially, is there a way to determine this
    remotely?

    I don't want to find out the hard way that some clever user turned off
    Windows Update and they are now vulnerable to everything that should
    have been patched in the last year.

  2. Re: Check Windows Update

    The best way to check for update compliance is by running MBSA (Microsoft's
    Baseline Security Analyzer) against your network to identify which PCs if
    any aren't updated as required. This tool is free and can be downloaded from
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../mbsahome.mspx

    --
    Steve Seguis - MCSE, MS-MVP, SCJP
    SCRIPTMATION

    wrote in message
    news:1102361107.439394.113110@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    > With our small company we have all of the user's machines set to do
    > Windows Update automatically, at least that is the theory. Is there
    > any easy way to evaluate whether the individual machines are really
    > getting the updates? Especially, is there a way to determine this
    > remotely?
    >
    > I don't want to find out the hard way that some clever user turned off
    > Windows Update and they are now vulnerable to everything that should
    > have been patched in the last year.

+ Reply to Thread