* VPN and NAT Question - Windows NT

This is a discussion on * VPN and NAT Question - Windows NT ; question Assuming i setup a broadband connection with a hardware firewall and router using 2 ip addresses given to me by the isp and i have all the other computers on the network using internal ip addresses using NAT. If ...

  1. * VPN and NAT Question

    question

    Assuming i setup a broadband connection with a hardware firewall and router
    using 2 ip addresses given to me by the isp and i have all the other
    computers on the network
    using internal ip addresses using NAT.

    If i then want to establish a VPN connection to a machine on the network
    can it be accessable
    if it has an internal ip address ?

  2. Re: * VPN and NAT Question

    You should be able to as long as your router is able to port forward.
    You will need forward the traffic for vpn to an internal ip address that
    you have statically assigned the one computer you want to use setup the
    VPN connection.

    AndyNoSpam wrote:
    > question
    >
    > Assuming i setup a broadband connection with a hardware firewall and router
    > using 2 ip addresses given to me by the isp and i have all the other
    > computers on the network
    > using internal ip addresses using NAT.
    >
    > If i then want to establish a VPN connection to a machine on the network
    > can it be accessable
    > if it has an internal ip address ?

  3. Re: * VPN and NAT Question

    Most new routers support vpn passthrough as an alternative to nat
    forwarding, or if you use a draytek for example you could terminate the vpn
    at the router which would be even more secure.

    "AndyNoSpam" wrote in message

    > question
    >
    > Assuming i setup a broadband connection with a hardware firewall and
    > router
    > using 2 ip addresses given to me by the isp and i have all the other
    > computers on the network
    > using internal ip addresses using NAT.
    >
    > If i then want to establish a VPN connection to a machine on the network
    > can it be accessable
    > if it has an internal ip address ?

  4. Re: * VPN and NAT Question

    I think you mean a site-to-site VPN, yes? These are very nice solutions and
    work quite well.

    Bauser wrote:

    > Most new routers support vpn passthrough as an alternative to nat
    > forwarding, or if you use a draytek for example you could terminate the
    > vpn at the router which would be even more secure.
    >

    > "AndyNoSpam" wrote in message
    >>
    >> question
    >>
    >> Assuming i setup a broadband connection with a hardware firewall and
    >> router
    >> using 2 ip addresses given to me by the isp and i have all the other
    >> computers on the network
    >> using internal ip addresses using NAT.
    >>
    >> If i then want to establish a VPN connection to a machine on the network
    >> can it be accessable
    >> if it has an internal ip address ?

+ Reply to Thread