Telnet-like tool to test SMTP - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Telnet-like tool to test SMTP - Windows NT ; Helo! I'm looking for a tool which could connect to remote host and send a text file. I tested nc (NetCat 1.1 by Hobbit Windows verrsion) but it has a problem with sending and I can't test SMTP server! Thx ...

  1. Telnet-like tool to test SMTP

    Helo!

    I'm looking for a tool which could connect to remote host and send a text
    file.
    I tested nc (NetCat 1.1 by Hobbit Windows verrsion) but it has a problem
    with sending and I can't test SMTP server!

    Thx in advance,

    Jarek Szybinski

  2. Re: Telnet-like tool to test SMTP

    news.e-wro.wroc.pl (jszybinski@wsiz.wroc.pl[tnijSPAM]) wrote:
    : Helo!
    :
    : I'm looking for a tool which could connect to remote host and send a text
    : file.
    : I tested nc (NetCat 1.1 by Hobbit Windows verrsion) but it has a problem
    : with sending and I can't test SMTP server!
    :
    : Thx in advance,
    :
    : Jarek Szybinski
    :

    You could use a command-line mailer like Blat or cwsmail, whose
    arguments are:

    1. smtp-host
    2. email address of sender; e.g. from-user@host
    3. email address of recipient; e.g. to-user@host
    4. file (optional)

    The source and a Win32 executable are available:

    ftp://clio.rice.edu/pub/cwsmail.c
    ftp://clio.rice.edu/pub/cwsmail.exe

    Here's how to compile it on Windows, along with a sample execution,
    with the line wrapped for readability:

    c:\> cl -DWIN32 cwsmail.c wsock32.lib
    c:\> cwsmail moe.rice.edu sandmann@clio.rice.edu leslie@clio.rice.edu
    message.txt

    It also works on unix and Open VMS (with the SMTP service enabled in
    a VMS TCP/IP stack).

    --Jerry Leslie
    Note: leslie@jrlvax.houston.rr.com is invalid for email

+ Reply to Thread