How to serve access to a my directory to specified remote PC only? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on How to serve access to a my directory to specified remote PC only? - Windows NT ; Hi all, and sorry for my bad english... In my company I have a client computer that is part of an Active Directory. The question is: how can I, with the only use of Windows permissions (NTFS/shares) and without having ...

  1. How to serve access to a my directory to specified remote PC only?

    Hi all, and sorry for my bad english...

    In my company I have a client computer that is part of an Active Directory.

    The question is: how can I, with the only use of Windows permissions
    (NTFS/shares) and without having access to the server, give the remote
    access to a directory of my NTFS to some specified computers (all being part
    of the Active Directory), disregarding of the used user account?

    Right now I tried to limit the access to specified users and it works. But I
    tried to put PCs instead of users and it didn't work like I thought, I don't
    remember well why...

    Do anyone exactly know how to do it?

    Thanks,
    P.

  2. Re: How to serve access to a my directory to specified remote PC only?

    Paolo wrote:
    > Hi all, and sorry for my bad english...
    >
    > In my company I have a client computer that is part of an Active
    > Directory.
    >
    > The question is: how can I, with the only use of Windows permissions
    > (NTFS/shares) and without having access to the server, give the remote
    > access to a directory of my NTFS to some specified computers (all
    > being part of the Active Directory), disregarding of the used user
    > account?

    Give the remote access to a directory to client or server. I know you have
    bad English but try to explain.

    > Right now I tried to limit the access to specified users and it
    > works. But I tried to put PCs instead of users and it didn't work
    > like I thought, I don't remember well why...

    You should provide any error message you got.

    --
    Madhur Ahuja [madhurahujayahoocom]

    Homepage
    http://madhur.netfirms.com