computer problem - Windows NT

This is a discussion on computer problem - Windows NT ; Can anyone help with this message and problem on my computer? It is constantly shutting down with the message: System shutdown NT Authority\system windows must restart because the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service terminated unexpectatly. The computer counts down from ...

  1. computer problem

    Can anyone help with this message and problem on my computer?

    It is constantly shutting down with the message:
    System shutdown
    NT Authority\system windows must restart because the Remote Procedure Call
    (RPC) service terminated unexpectatly.
    The computer counts down from 59 seconds, to zero then reboots.

    If you know why this is happening, and/or how to fix it, please reply!
    I thought I must have a virus, but the computer shop said it has no virus'.
    I thought maybe it did anyway, so I did a complete restore to the hard
    drive.
    I've also added a spyware program and I still am getting this message. I'm
    usually online when it happens, on MS Explorer, would that matter?
    Please help,
    rd

  2. Re: computer problem

    R Hallock wrote:

    > Can anyone help with this message and problem on my computer?
    >
    > It is constantly shutting down with the message:
    > System shutdown
    > NT Authority\system windows must restart because the Remote Procedure Call
    > (RPC) service terminated unexpectatly.
    > The computer counts down from 59 seconds, to zero then reboots.
    >
    > If you know why this is happening, and/or how to fix it, please reply!
    > I thought I must have a virus, but the computer shop said it has no virus'.
    > I thought maybe it did anyway, so I did a complete restore to the hard
    > drive.
    > I've also added a spyware program and I still am getting this message. I'm
    > usually online when it happens, on MS Explorer, would that matter?
    > Please help,
    > rd

    You my friend are the victim or a virus. There are a couple that can do
    that but usually it's the Blaster virus. I suggest running an Antivirus
    program and would recommend VET Anti-virus by Computer Associates.

    Let me know how you go.

    Sh4d03

    --
    If you require more assistance or if my suggestion works please E-mail
    me at sh4d03 [at] TPG [dot] com [dot] au. Additionally, if you are able

+ Reply to Thread