Take ownership - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Take ownership - Windows NT ; Hey guys, is there a faster mothod to take ownership of folders (recursive), than using take ownership in sthe GUI? I'am looking for a command line tool, as far as I know there is nothing withing the ressource kit. regards ...

  1. Take ownership

    Hey guys,

    is there a faster mothod to take ownership of folders (recursive), than
    using take ownership in sthe GUI?
    I'am looking for a command line tool, as far as I know there is nothing
    withing the ressource kit.

    regards Thomas

    --
    Erstellt mit Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/m2/

  2. Re: Take ownership

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:44:06 +0200, "Thomas Hille"
    wrote in comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security:

    >is there a faster mothod to take ownership of folders (recursive), than
    >using take ownership in sthe GUI?
    >I'am looking for a command line tool, as far as I know there is nothing
    >withing the ressource kit.

    Three possibilities:

    1) MS Resource Kit: SUBINACL.EXE

    2) Verhás Péter's Danger Tools

    3) NTSEC by Pedestal

    I don't have or know 2) and 3) - I just found them when searching for
    "set owner" windows