What's wrong with my posting, no master out there answers the question? Help!!!!!!!! Cannot delete the dead files/folders - Windows NT

This is a discussion on What's wrong with my posting, no master out there answers the question? Help!!!!!!!! Cannot delete the dead files/folders - Windows NT ; Any Windows Master out there? I really need the master's advice after posting the following help request for more two weeks. Thanks. Oliver oliveryao2000@yahoo.com (Oliver Yao) wrote in message news: ... > Hi there, > > I met a problem ...

  1. What's wrong with my posting, no master out there answers the question? Help!!!!!!!! Cannot delete the dead files/folders

    Any Windows Master out there? I really need the master's advice after
    posting the following help request for more two weeks. Thanks.

    Oliver

    oliveryao2000@yahoo.com (Oliver Yao) wrote in message news:...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I met a problem on my win2k machine. I tried to install the acis libs,
    > but it failed and left some folders on my c drive, saying c:\acis\bin.
    > I can get in c:\acis and changed c:\acis to c:\tp, but cannot access
    > the subfolder bin, it reported the "Access Denied. it may be in use".
    > I used the admin account and believe I have full control of the
    > system. I tried the suggestion from MS website, using command "rd /s
    > /q c:\acis" at either normal or safe command mode, it didn't work. I
    > run FileMonitor and no process used the folder. I can create a new
    > folder under c:\acis, but it left "c:\acis\New Folder" again and
    > "Access Denied". I could not change "New Folder" to any other name. It
    > seemed whatever you did under c:\acis, it just went to "blackhole". I
    > really need your help to figure what happed to the system. How to
    > solve such a problem without formating the system? Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Oliver

  2. Re: What's wrong with my posting, no master out there answers the question? Help!!!!!!!! Cannot delete the dead files/folders

    Install Linux maybe ?

    news:d617ee1.0405061557.6e65047a@posting.google.co m...

    > > Hi there,
    > >
    > > I met a problem on my win2k machine. I tried to install the acis libs,
    > > but it failed and left some folders on my c drive, saying c:\acis\bin.
    > > I can get in c:\acis and changed c:\acis to c:\tp, but cannot access
    > > the subfolder bin, it reported the "Access Denied. it may be in use".
    > > I used the admin account and believe I have full control of the
    > > system. I tried the suggestion from MS website, using command "rd /s
    > > /q c:\acis" at either normal or safe command mode, it didn't work. I
    > > run FileMonitor and no process used the folder. I can create a new
    > > folder under c:\acis, but it left "c:\acis\New Folder" again and
    > > "Access Denied". I could not change "New Folder" to any other name. It
    > > seemed whatever you did under c:\acis, it just went to "blackhole". I
    > > really need your help to figure what happed to the system. How to
    > > solve such a problem without formating the system? Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Oliver

+ Reply to Thread