Remove username from This computer is locked screen - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Remove username from This computer is locked screen - Windows NT ; I was wondering if it is possible to remove the username displaced on this this computer is locked screen?...

  1. Remove username from This computer is locked screen

    I was wondering if it is possible to remove the username displaced on this
    this computer is locked screen?

  2. Re: Remove username from This computer is locked screen

    Mike R wrote:

    > I was wondering if it is possible to remove the username displaced on
    > this this computer is locked screen?

    I'm so sorry but I can't understand what you are asking. Please go here
    for help in making a good post:

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Then please come back and post again so the people who want to help you
    (like me) can do so.

    Mlake
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

  3. Re: Remove username from This computer is locked screen

    On Sat, 1 May 2004 20:07:16 -0400, "Mike R" wrote
    in alt.os.windows-xp, alt.windows-xp,
    comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security,
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

    >I was wondering if it is possible to remove the username displaced on this
    >this computer is locked screen?

    I believe the only thing you can change on that screen is a part of the
    title bar after "Computer Locked". Why do you want to hide the username?

  4. Re: Remove username from This computer is locked screen

    Only one person uses the computer (me), and hiding the username means that
    not only do people need to guess my password but my username also.

    "Michael Bednarek" wrote in message
    > On Sat, 1 May 2004 20:07:16 -0400, "Mike R" wrote
    > in alt.os.windows-xp, alt.windows-xp,
    > comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security,
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
    >
    > >I was wondering if it is possible to remove the username displaced on

    this
    > >this computer is locked screen?

    > I believe the only thing you can change on that screen is a part of the
    > title bar after "Computer Locked". Why do you want to hide the username?
    >
    > --
    > Michael Bednarek http://mbednarek.com/ "POST NO BILLS"

  5. Re: Remove username from This computer is locked screen

    On Wed, 5 May 2004 14:00:19 -0400, "Mike R" wrote
    in alt.os.windows-xp, comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security,
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

    >Only one person uses the computer (me), and hiding the username means that
    >not only do people need to guess my password but my username also.

    Select a screen saver and tick the box "On Resume, display Welcome
    screen". Then use wizmo to activate the
    screen saver on demand:
    wizmo blank

    Or simpler, just hit Windows+L (fast user switching): that will display
    the Welcome Screen.