Hi,

I am not really sure if this is an application specific query or a security
boo-boo; seemed a bit of both me, hence the cross-post.

My question revolves around the use of schtasks (XP based task scheduler) from
the command line. If I schedule a task to run on a remote machine with the
usr/pwd combination from the command line, things work peachily. However, if I
try the same on a local machine (by explicitly specifying the usr/pwd
combination) the following error pops up:
"ERROR: Passing the user credential on local connection."

Does anyone have a clue why passing the usr/pwd combination from the command
line is disallowed on a local connection?

tia.

Devarshi.