Using Thumbdrive As Login token - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Using Thumbdrive As Login token - Windows NT ; I was wondering if there is any software or any way to use a normal USB thumbdrive as a login security token for windows XP....

  1. Using Thumbdrive As Login token

    I was wondering if there is any software or any way to use a normal USB
    thumbdrive as a login security token for windows XP.

  2. Re: Using Thumbdrive As Login token

    You could write your own GINA.

    There is support for smartcard logon already if you're trying to get an
    additional ("something I physically have") authentication factor.
    --
    Drew Cooper [MSFT]

    "Mike R" wrote in message
    news:3109cbe70a509323092f98d54224ea20@news.teranew s.com...
    > I was wondering if there is any software or any way to use a normal USB
    > thumbdrive as a login security token for windows XP.

  3. Re: Using Thumbdrive As Login token

    Ya I am aware of the smartcard support, but im not 100% fond of smartcards
    plus I already have a thumbdrive so i was hoping it could be put to some use
    other than a glorified floppy drive.

    "Drew Cooper [MSFT]" wrote in message
    > You could write your own GINA.
    >
    > There is support for smartcard logon already if you're trying to get an
    > additional ("something I physically have") authentication factor.
    > --
    > Drew Cooper [MSFT]

    rights.

    > "Mike R" wrote in message
    > news:3109cbe70a509323092f98d54224ea20@news.teranew s.com...
    > > I was wondering if there is any software or any way to use a normal USB
    > > thumbdrive as a login security token for windows XP.

  4. Re: Using Thumbdrive As Login token

    The software you are looking for is called Proteg. Download it from
    http://www.inflexpoint.com

    Steven